Saturday, March 8, 2014

Pretty Pastels!

Things are starting to warm up a bit (knock on wood and fingers crossed), new merchandise is starting to flow into the store and thankfully much of it involves color!  After a long hard Winter even the most die hard neutral lovers are ready to inject some serious color into their fashion lives, myself included.  This Spring it's all about a softer palette.  Pastels were used by designers in everything from clothing, to handbags to accessories.  In my last blog I touched upon what I like to call big bird yellow and which the Pantone people are calling freesia.  While I have not quite started going all out with these colors simply because it still feels pretty chilly, I have started to dabble and easy myself into the Spring trends.  About a month ago I got a manicure in the periwinkle color which is going to be so big for Spring.  This color is super easy to wear because it looks really good on all skin tones and goes easily with neutrals. It popped against my often all black ensembles and I got tons of compliments which never killed anybody.  I also started to play around with the lavendar.  I haven't picked it up in clothes form yet (we have some amazing stuff coming in this color) but I did do it in an eyeshadow which was a fun change.  The mint color I just got in a super soft button up shirt that just came in.  I wore it with black jeans which kind of reminded me of my favorite childhood ice cream (baskin robbins mint chocolate chip).  As those of you who follow my blog know, I love to wear neutral colors and in the past have added a pop of color with accessories.  The Spring colors make me feel like I can take baby steps to wear more color in clothing.  While I do think it all looks great with black, I'm actually more excited to wear it with lighter wash jeans, greys, beiges (also part of the Spring 2014 Pantone color report) and of course with eachother!  After feeling like I've been in a shell all Winter I'm ready to bust out and just float along in these pretty pastels!

What do you think?  Will you embrace the Spring 2014 palette?  Come check us out soon becuase new things are arriving daily in all these colors and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment