Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring Is 4 Trying Nu Things

Spring is all about fresh starts and new growth.  As tons of new things roll in I just love coming to work.  I am surrounded by new and exciting things and tons of color.  In retail and in fashion, every new season is a chance to try and do better, be more adventurous and keep evolving.  With all the new warm weather items coming in to the store I have been slowly collecting things to bust out the second it gets warm.  A few of these items I have been collecting are our awesome new skirts, a creamy beige faux leather crossbody bag ( easy to wear with everything!), lighter, springier scented candles for my house, a new throw blanket for my couch, of course scarves, lightweight sweaters and more.  I have also been trying new things!  Here are a few of the new things I have tried.

This is me wearing my new lavender eye shadow and purple lipstick with one of our new silk scarves from Italy.  I have been wearing some version of red lipstick and black or grey eye liner forever. I just needed to try something new.  Being a big color for Spring I decided that purple was what I needed. This also led me to try lip primer for the first time ever (lip primer is a base you put on your lips to make your lipstick last longer and stay on evenly) which I can't believe I never used before!  In general the purple lipstick has been a bit polarizing.  Some people seem to think it's amazing and others feel it's a little scary to see me in purple lipstick.  I however, LOVE IT, so it's here to stay.






My second new "Try" for Spring is a double whammy.  I had seen several things about Ramen (a Japanese noodle soup dish, nothing like the instant soup you eat in college but a highly complex and delicious meal) over the past year from various sources but had never actually tried it so it was on my list.  On my day off I went to Wicker Park to walk around and take pictures and get some fresh air.  I passed a Ramen place I had heard about just by chance.  I decided it was meant to be so I went in.  Now a big part of my first ramen experience is that it was also my first time eating at a restaurant alone. This may be shocking to some, but it's true.  I knew I would be able to do it but I never thought it would be so enjoyable.  I absolutely loved having lunch by myself, writing,  looking out the window, and trying a new dish.  I will be doing this a lot more from now on. 



My last new try (so far) this Spring is the braid/bun.  My mom wanted to braid my hair in two braids like I used to wear every day between the ages of 6 and 12.  After one braid I decided I had, had enough of walking down memory lane and just put the other half up in a bun.  This was how the braid/bun hairstyle was born.  It's something totally new for me and the only thing I can say about it is: WHY NOT?!











Have you tried something new lately?  I would love to hear about it.  Come in soon to check out all the new amazing goodies and push your personal Spring fashion envelope just a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment