Sunday, August 5, 2012

Silver on Silver

Yesterday as I sat outside at a cafe on my day off reading the worst book ever written (50 Shades of Grey) I became rather bored and started to people watch, day dream, sip my iced chai and wonder how many times an author can say murmur and why she didn't use a thesaurus.  Anyways, out of nowhere I see a gorgeous silver Cadillac with silver detailing.  I have loved Cadillacs since as long as I can remember coveting a Gold Cadillac Coup Deville in my younger years and now admiring the more modern sleek designs which, while not as "vintage cool" would make a sassy ride for a city girl.  So why am I talking about Cadillacs when I am supposed to be writing about fashion and my boutique, Next Door?  Well seeing this gorgeous thing drive by in its subtle metallic silver with silver metal detailing made me think just how good a silver dress/top or even grey with bold silver jewelry (enough to really stand out and pop) is undeniably chic and rich looking.  They don't call them luxury cars for nothin' right?  This look can also be carried off with gold on gold or some variation of gold ie: mustard or camel and will perhaps be a bit more on trend since gold is everywhere this season.  What do you think?  Would you rock the silver on silver or gold on gold look?

No comments:

Post a Comment