Saturday, August 4, 2012

"Go" with Nature

Ladies. I have been M.I.A. in a major way for a long time.  However, I am back and newly dedicated to sharing my thoughts on fashion and insights I have gained from working at Next Door and Williams Shoes and observing people and their choices everyday!  One thing I encounter constantly at my store which I'm sure you encounter constantly in your closet is figuring out if things "go."  Does this color go with this color?  One thing I often use as a reference to see if things work is nature.  As we approach fall there are beautiful things happening in nature that we can take our cues from.  Think of a tree with the leaves changing.  Reds, oranges, yellows, greens, the browns and tans of the trunk and all of these in varying hues ALL on one tree.  Nature usually doesn't get things wrong especially when it comes to colors.  Beautiful sunsets, a field of flowers, the night sky with stars (think a Navy dress with silver jewelry or something white like the moon) even as things wither and fade there is a certain harmony in those colors too (think pastels).  What nature inspirations will you channel?

No comments:

Post a Comment