Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lots o' Dots

Everyone who knows me well knows that I am absolutely positively the worst liar ever.  In high school my parents were going to let me have a sleep over with all my friends (sans parental supervision).  When they asked me if we were planning on having alcohol, my giggle fit had the sleep over immediately canceled and me realizing that if I had to lie to save my life I would probably end up dead.  The point is, I'm gonna be honest, this seasons trend of polka dots is not my favorite.  I find polka dots almost annoying, busy, perhaps even a bit childish.  However it's a big one for fall so I started to look into it more.  There are some extremely interesting, out of the box ways to carry this out which end up being more textural, more sophisticated and more interesting than perhaps the polka dot headbands you remember your kindergarten cohorts wearing. If you click here you can see different ways designers have put together looks for fall using dots.  I particularly like the looks that have a plain dress with a sheer black tight with small black dots peeking from under with a sassy pair of boots.  It's just a dash so to speak.  Another look I found very original is where the dots were created out of texture as opposed to the actual pattern on the tight.  Finally, where dots were taken in a more literal sense I found myself being most drawn to a dark dot against a dark background.  It's a little more unexpected and a little less..dotsy.  Our dot pattern from Sweet Pea shown above is one of the dark on dark dots and would look great with a dark jean or black dress pants and a blazer for a more corporate look.  What do you think about the lots o' dots trend we are seeing for fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment