Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Transitions! Transitions!

As the leaves start to turn, the temperatures cool down and that feeling of Fall is in the air I usually tend to get a tad emo (emotional).  I am always sad to see Summer go and always begin to brace my mind and gird my loins for the stretch of brutality ahead.  That being said, I also love the change of seasons because it's always a chance for a fresh start; A chance to try again, do better, and reinvent.  RELISH is stocked and chocked (full) of gorgeous new sweaters, pants, scarves, handbags, and accessories.  We worked really hard to put together a cohesive collection of sophisticated, classy, fun and wearable items.  Even if you are not doing a full wardrobe revamp adding a few choice pieces can really refresh what you have and make you feel energized.  Here are my top picks for Fall transition.





Scarf:  A new scarf can always freshen things up.  You can never have too many because there are so many beautiful prints and textures to play with.  Scarves are often the finishing touch an outfit needs for drama, flair and to feel complete.  Winter can feel heavy and dark with the darker colors we tend to wear so I love this dip dyed silk and cashmere scarf.  It feels fun and classy at the same time and easily goes with almost anything making it a worthwhile investment. 






Clutch: This zipper pouch made from recycled plastic is only $10 and I love to use it as a clutch when I go out to hear jazz or for dinner (really anything where I'm not standing all night so I can set it down).  Its fun and playful and I like the juxtaposition of something inexpensive with some of my nicer sweaters and scarves. 










Booties: A good ankle boot is essential for transition into Fall.  I got this style from our shoe store, Williams Shoes, and have barely taken them off since.  They are a nice height because you can't see the hem of any of my skinny jeans but they're not too high either.  A tall leather boot this early in the season feels too heavy but it IS getting chilly so these are a nice in between look, not to mention they go well with pretty much everything!




Sweater and Knit Ponte Pant:  A classic lightweight sweater with an interesting detail (in this case the diagonal hem) is a great new piece that's also functional.  Because we do hard Winter living here making sure your sweaters are in good condition is important.  Things that look pilly and old should be removed from your closet so you won't be tempted to wear them.  Look good, feel good as we always say.  The ponte pants featured are a navy and we also have them available in plum and charcoal as well as black.  I love pants in a color because it's something a little different.  The weight of these is a nice thicker knit so they block the wind pretty well and hold up to chunkier knits as well as dressy or casual tops.  The rich navy and plum also look fabulous with jewel tones giving you full on color from head to toe while still being seasonally apropos.  These pants are a client favorite and look great on many different body types.





So what do you think?  What are your favorite ways to freshen your wardrobe for Fall?  I would love to hear!



No comments:

Post a Comment