Friday, September 27, 2013

Give 'em some lip!

So often I am inspired (fashion and otherwise) by the amazing and beautiful women I meet from working here at Next Door.  A few women in particular come to mind for a very specific reason which I will now share with you.  These women walk into the store with a smile, confidence and LIPSTICK.  When I see these women I instantly am either glad I have on a great color lipstick or if I forgot to put some on I wish I had remembered.  Lipstick can really complete any look and with such a simple detail bump up your style factor several notches.  On days when you had a cocktail too many the night before some stylish (dark) shades and lipstick can fool the masses.   When it comes to figuring out make-up as well as clothes I generally go by if I like what I see in the mirror than it's good.  I don't think you need to read a ton about what color works for your skin tone just try them and see what you like.  Below are 3 general colors/moods that I think universally work on everyone.



This color is "Slopes" by Bobbi Brown.  A little pricier lipstick but it goes on really smoothly and the color is perfect for all day every day.  All the women in my family have this and it works on various skin tones with all outfits.

*helpful tip:  If you color in your entire lips with a lip liner prior to applying lipstick, it lasts longer!






The next color is a bright red for when you feel like being bold and sassy.  This is also a color that looks great on everyone. When wearing neutral colored clothing this can be just the finishing touch to add class and confidence. Covergirl lipstick is smooth and easy to apply and inexpensive.  If you don't like the color you can easily return it no problems.  CVS and Walgreens are great about this.

*helpful hint:  Put on some chapstick first for extra moisture and easy application.




Lastly, the Sugar sheer tinted lip moisturizer is for days when you want to feel less done up and more incognito.  A simple boost to your natural beauty.  This moisturizes, protects from the sun and adds a shine and sheer color.

*helpful hint: Trying putting this as a top layer for your lipsticks to add shine. 





3 comments:

  1. Where do they sell the Sugar sheer ? I love your blog ! Your tips are so helpful !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading D. Lazar!! They sell the Fresh sugar sheer at Sephora and it's a little pricey but people swear by it. If you don't want to go for that price tag there are lots of sheer lip tints at the drugstore. Covergirl's is called a chubbystick. Good luck! Let me know how it goes :)

      Delete
  2. You are so right about the wonders of lipstick. Sephora is now on my list! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete