Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Swing Your Braided Mane!

 As the last day of the year arrives at least a bit of reflection seems creepingly inevitable.  I got to thinking about what I could say in my final writings of 2014 and quite obviously,  a "Thank You" seems in order.  Through out the year your support, kind words, good vibes, laughs and style have inspired us and made what we do, all worth it.  We are truly grateful that you chose to shop at Relish and Williams Shoes and can't wait to show you what is in store for Spring.  Next, the usual suspects; Love, Health and Success, come to mind, all of which we wish you oodles of in 2015.

Lastly, I would like to leave you with something else.  Something to counterbalance the classic undertones of shame and inadequacy that conventional resolutions of dieting and gym attendance seem to bear.

Several months ago on the Main St. El platform I discovered a piece of artwork which immediately delighted me and I have come to love more and more as the days go by.  It appears to be the work of a genius and insightful child.  Full of humor, sophistication, honesty, simplicity and that certain je ne sais quoi in all things cool. I present to you, Stumpy.



Whatever the next year may have in store for us may we face it with the same style and panache as Stumpy.  Let's live it boldly, beautifully and confidently, unapologetically ourselves and RELISH in the joys of being alive. Stumpy has led me to my battle cry for 2015:

GO FORTH AND SWING YOUR BRAIDED MANE!

No comments:

Post a Comment