Friday, November 1, 2013

See The Light (In the Darkest Denim)

In the past year I have pretty much abandoned my blue jeans and started to wear black jeans on a much more regular basis.  I have taken to wearing black jeans like a fish to water and I'm not looking back.

I think that black jeans look edgy, sophisticated and a little more polished than blue denim.  They are so easy to wear and obviously, being black, go with pretty much everything.  Pair it with a soft pastel sweater for an unexpected tough and feminine mix.  With a flannel shirt (big this season have you noticed?) blue jeans can end up making you look a bit like you stepped off a farm.  Black jeans with flannel have an urban cool feeling.  Dressing up?  Black jeans and a black, red, or sparkly top, with layered necklaces that pop, is perfect for a holiday party.  Traveling?  Black jeans don't show dirt easily.  Are you worried about wearing black with brown?  Don't be.  Black and brown together look timeless and chic.  Just be careful the brown is not a super dark brown.  Being able to see a distinction between top and bottom and or shoes, is a good thing.  I prefer chestnuts, tans and taupes with black as opposed to deep chocolate.

I love our black HUE jean leggings featured in the pic above.  They have back pockets to put your phone in and are so so comfortable (think Thanksgiving: no need to unbutton when they just stretch!).

So, in case you have not noticed I love black jeans and think everyone, man or woman, can greatly benefit from having a pair in their wardrobe.  What do you think?  Do you currently own a pair that you wear often?  If not have I helped you see the light found in the darkest denim?

2 comments:

  1. i do not have a pair, and believe this a great injustice to my wardrobe! i will rectify this a s a p! i wins i lived closer cuz i would shop thru mañana! great write up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pair of black jeans... in fact, my first skinny leg jean purchase ever and I love how slimming they are and they truly do go with anything and everything. I also love wearing them with light brown ankle boots..so I agree brown and black is a great combo. Great posts Zoe!

    ReplyDelete