Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My 3 Fave Spring/Summer Shoes and Why

Growing up with a father in the shoe business since I was little, I have always heard my dad say, "Take care of your feet.  Buy shoes that fit well and are comfortable. You haven't seen what years of bad shoes can do to you and trust me you don't want to."  With those words ringing in my ears as well as long hours on my feet working and walking, I am here to tell you that while yes, not all fashionable shoes are comfortable there ARE comfortable shoes that are fashionable.  I have 3 pairs this season that I think are amazing and want to share with you why I decided to take the plunge and make them mine.  Even if these exact styles are not for you I think the reasons I got them will be good for any woman's wardrobe.  


Shoe 1: The Deborah by Korkease  

I opted for these black sandals from Korkease for a few reasons.  The first one being they are black with studs.  Black is obviously a very easy color to wear and the studs make them a bit edgy and interesting.  I still think they are casual enough to wear to during the day but still sassy enough to take into the night.  Lastly these shoes are so freaking comfortable.  I have walked very far in these shoes and these have withstood the test.  They are cushioned and platformed to perfection.  The heel width is enough for stable support and the platform allows for even weight distribution throughout the foot so there is not pressure on my knees or balls of the feet that makes heels so uncomfortable. 

The Lesson: A great pair of black sandals that can be taken from day to night and have a bit of pizazz are essential!




Shoe 2: The Netty by Eric Michael   

These shoes by Eric Michael have the softest leather and hold the foot securely.  I think that a metallic shoe can pretty much go with anything and also looks great with a tan.  It can take the place of black or brown or a color and add warmth with neutrals.  Metallics are a must for everyone!


The Lesson:  Metallics are very versatile and everyone should have something in a metallic.  Easily worn with neutrals or colors these will become a go-to.  


Shoe 3: Flower Keds by Keds


The flower Keds are my final summer essential because everyone should have a cute sneaker.  Sometimes a girl just wants to put on a sneaker and lace it up and feel like she can make a quick getaway if need be. These can be worn with or without socks with shorts, pants or dresses.  A cute sneaker can be great for bike-rides, walking a fair or an after dinner stroll.  Pretty much every comfort brand is making a stylish sneaker from Merrell to Clarks so in this case you really can have it all! 

The Lesson: A cute sneaker can offer true support for casual summer athletics and still keep you stylish!





No comments:

Post a Comment