Thursday, June 13, 2013

Artist Spotlight : Ivy Lenore

For about the past 8 months we have had a section of jewelry in the store that is handmade by local artists.  What has quickly become a favorite part of the store is largely in part to the amazing and talented artist : Ivy Lenore Herman.  Read her bio below and come check out her pieces at the store.  She is constantly creating and making new things so any time you are in there could be something new and beautiful!



Ivy Herman : I have lived 29 of my 30 years here in Evanston, but my constant wanderlust has led me to an array of places that have influenced both my use of color and materials. I appreciate all forms of art, but jewelry design is where I find my own creative voice to be the most strong. My palette tends to lean towards the neutrals, with the occasional splash of color. I like mixing the very old with new, and the juxtaposition of opposite textures. I like jewelry that is both subtle in hue, but powerful in effect. Just as much as clothing, or maybe even more so, jewelry is wearable art. It should make the wearer feel unique and special. That is my goal with any piece I create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment