Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Golden Moment


I had gotten it into my mind that I was definitively a "silver gal."  Like many a woman who has come before me, I love jewelry and think it's not only one of the best ways to jazz up an outfit but also can be one of the most personal and artistic ways to express oneself through fashion.  I always liked the look of gold but thought it was something best left up to women less fair (read: not ghostly).  A few things happened recently which have changed my mind entirely and thrust me into my golden moment.  The first situation was the brutal, bone-chilling, prove-what-your-made-of, epically long, insanely cold Winter we had.  After that I was ready to channel sun in any form I could get my hands on and to me gold feels like warmth and being tan and just generally Greek goddess-ish.  The second thing was I have received some very special jewelry from my Grandmother and my Mother which happened to be gold.  I love wearing these items because I feel like I have a little bit of my Gramms and my mom with me wherever I go and this also has kicked off adding a few more pieces to wear along with these things.  I picked up a brass ring (brass is awesome because you still get the gold tones without the price tag and it won't tarnish!) from our new collection of jewelry brought to us by an amazing couple who travel the world working with local artisans to find unique and special pieces at fair and affordable prices! I also needed a pair of gold earrings.  As much as I love all kinds of earrings I usually end up wearing hoops.  Our Viv&Ingrid hoops are lightweight and a classic size that are big enough to be seen but still classy and timeless so I've been rocking those daily as well.  Lastly I wanted a layered necklace look so I added a gold Chan Luu evil eye necklace to the necklace my mom gave me.  For those unfamiliar, Evil Eyes are popular in the Middle East and parts of Asia and are a symbol of protection from harm and ill-will.  I may go back to strictly silver when the weather cools off again but for now I am loving the laid back summer feeling I am getting from my golden moment!

What do you think?  Are you strictly a silver or gold person?  Will you mix and match?  Do you just wear certain metals during certain seasons?  I would love to hear your thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment